Hey there! Nice of you to drop by!

If you are new to this site, please start by checking out my first post here which tells you what it's all about. It has hyperlinks to all of the other posts so you can quickly navigate to the parts you're most interested in!



Saturday 3 January 2015

'An Englishman's home is his castle'

It's often said that "an Englishman's home is his castle".


In reality, this is a metaphor - an idiom that means that "your home is your refuge", regardless of its state.

To me however, the phrase has always conjured up images of owning and living in my very own castle...


Ever since I can remember I have wanted to live in and own my own castle - I'm picturing one with crenelations, secret passages, suits of medieval armour and amazing views over gorgeous green countryside...

File:1 thun castle view 2012.jpg


And so I've created this blog - partly to provide myself with some motivation to chase this (honestly, slightly crazy) dream, partly to inspire you guys (my blog readers and fellow castle enthusiasts!) who might stumble upon it and partly to detail my favorite ideas along the way!

I'll be collecting and recording some of my ideas on; location, architecture, style, interior, exterior, decoration, crests (heraldry), mottos, moats, windows, layout, crenelations, flags, history, secret passages, bedrooms, kitchens, games rooms, dining rooms  wine cellars, escape routes and more! I'll also jot down some thoughts on the 'money no object' transport I'll need to ferry me to and from my new 'house' and on some of the extras I'll have to invest in like my vintage champagne collection, any particularly cool antiques I come across in my travels and anything else like this awesome life-size, 1:1 replica hoverboard (wall mounted in my cinema room of course).


So have a look though the posts, let me know your thoughts and please share and comment below!

Ps. Don't forget to sign up to my mailing list here to get notifications of new blog posts and email me directly to get in contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment